Monday, August 1, 2016

It.. Comes to an end..?

"And now, behold, I say unto you, that the thing which will be of the most worth unto you will be to declare repentance unto this people, that you may bring souls unto me, that you may rest with them in the kingdom of my Father. Amen." ~D&C 16:6

Dear Friends and Family!!

Unfortunately my fultime mission has come to an end, it hasn't hit me yet though. I have all my bags packed and everything but I feel like I'm just going to my next area. I guess in a way I am! 

We had a really miraculous week. Martin was baptized on Saturday after a lot of hard work. I have never worked so hard for a baptism to happen. Sometimes on the mission we have to honor the agency of others, but we must never forget that faith has a power that makes things happen. Sister Nogueira and I worked our absolute hardest and after all we could do, miracles happened and Martin was able to enter into the waters of baptism and was confirmed on Sunday. Martin is a very special boy and I know that he will be so blessed.

I have learned so much during this time and it has for sure been the best 18 months of my life so far and the best 18 months for my life. I know that the Savior knows us individually. He knows that we mess up sometimes, but if we are humble and willing to repent, He will be with us every step of the way. He is constantly giving us strength and helping us. 

I know that this work is the most important thing and we, as members of the church are all involved in it. This is the true restored gospel of Jesus Christ and the only church with the authority of God. I have been so blessed to have been able to share this message with the people of Portugal. I love this work. I love my Savior and my Father in Heaven. I know the Holy Ghost is real and He speaks with us. My time here has been incredible, and even though I will no longer be a missionary in Portugal, I will always be a missionary for the Lord.

I love you all!!
Sister Steagall

Photos: 
Martin's Baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment