Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Week 2








I can't believe I'm almost on my 3rd week! Time really flies!

Tuesday: P-day! Super great! We had an awesome devotional about how crucial the book of Mormon is to helping an investigator. We need to read with thte investigator/new member so they can understand what the scriptures say. We also got to go to the temple today. It was a really nice break from the business here at the MTC

Wednesday: New missionaries came! Wow! It feels like I just got here! The best part about Wendesdays is that we get Ice Cream! 

Thursday: Today was great! Our teacher didn't show up, so our district had a big group study and shared some awesome scriptures! I love my district, we have some really amazing people here.

Friday: Thank you all for the Valentine's presents and cards! They are so very much appreciated! I never realized how exciting it was to get mail and packages! Please feel free to send me a letter or write to me any time! I would love to hear about what's going on in the world!

Saturday: Happy Valentine's day! My teacher showed us a demonstration on how to teach a lesson and how to  fullfill our missionary purpose as we teach. I got to be the "investigator" for the whole hour, so my job was pretty easy! When I had no idea what my teacher was saying, I could just say "Eu nao sei (I don't know) and it worked! I also heard an awesome quote by Elder Holland that I wanted to share: "The Lord does not ask about our ability or inability, but of our availability and if we prove our dependability, the Lord will take care of our capability."

Sunday: I love Sundays! We had a great devotional by Elder Stephen Allen, an area 70 and I think the assistant MTC director? Something like that.. anyway! He talked about the importance of companions and how we should always be loving and show charity towards them, no matter how annoying they might be. I'm really glad Sister Miller is the most amazing person ever! We get along really great! :) 

Monday: We taught a new "investigator" today, he's really just our teahcer pretending. And we also practiced street contacts with another district. It was really fun and I think I'm making progress with Portuguese. I've learned that the most important thing is to not compare yourself to others, if you do that, you'll get really depressed. 

That's all for this week! I love you all! Thanks for the letters!

Sister Steagall

No comments:

Post a Comment