Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Half way point in MTC!

Hello Friends and Family!

What a week this has been! Due to some recent chest pain I will be having an endoscopy today, I will be put to sleep for a while, but I'm expecting everything to be just fine and I got a priesthood blessing last night, so I know I'll be just fine. I have had this test done before, except the first time I woke up with a feeding tube in my nose, so as long as I don't wake up with a feeding tube, I'll be a happy missionary! Haha I'll be happy either way, I know things will be just fine!

Tuesday: We had a really great devotional about faith in God. There are people who don't understand that God is an actual being or that He loves us or that He hears and answers our prayers.I don't know what I would do without that knowledge and that's why I can't wait to serve the people of Portugal and share this amazing message.

Wednesday: Every Wednesday at 6:15 A.M. we get up and do service! I actually really like the mornings we get to do service. I feel like I'm more awake throughout the day. This morning they had hardly anything for us to do, so we spend 15 minutes dusting vents and then we got to go back to our residency! So that was nice! Haha I also had an almost normal conversation in Portuguese! I'm understanding more and more every day!

Thursday: The days here are so long, but the weeks go by really fast! We taught our "investigator" about God today and he seemed more interested, so that was great! :)

Friday: The fire alarm went off during gym today and no one knew if it was real or not! I don't think it was, because no one was in a real hurry to get out of the building, but it was still an adventure! We also had TRCs today! (Teaching Resource Center) members come and volunteer and we teach them more about the gospel in Portuguese! They're my favorites! We taught two sisters who just got back from the Portugal Lisbon mission, so that was really awesome!

Saturday: We were able to teach a lesson today without using any notes! I feel like I'm getting better and better every day! Language is hard, but it's amazing how fast we're learning. I love it!

Sunday: Sundays are awesome! So full of the Spirit! I also got to play the piano for sacrament meeting and I loved it! I miss music so much.. The Sisters get to watch Music and the Spoken Word every Sunday and it's the highlight of my week! I love it! We also had a great devotional about knowing the adversary and what the Doctrine of Christ is. We also get to watch a movie every Sunday and this time we watched "Legacy" in honor of my sister, Martha. That's an old time favorite of ours ;)

Monday: I spent most of the morning at the Doctor today because of some chest pain, all is well and I will be having an endoscopy today. I got a blessing so I know all will be well :) Take advantage of the Priesthood, it is amazing.

That's all for this week! It's been a really great one! And we hit our halfway mark today! Wow! Time flies! I love you all! 

Sister Steagall

P.S. Here are pictures of my district and our Branch President!
there's some of the elders from my district and the other portugal district sitting on each other, so the sisters decided to do the same thing. 
Then there's a picture of most of our district minus sister Runyan and Sister Elliott - i don't know where they were when we took that.. haha

Then there's me and my companion with Brother Coffman - funniest guy ever! And also some other random elder we had to have in the picture. 



No comments:

Post a Comment