Monday, May 25, 2015

Divisions!!!!



Family and Friends! 
I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!! I love preaching the gospel! Even if people don't accept it, I know that we touched their hearts, and maybe in the future they will choose to accept the gospel.

We had an awesome week! We had a division this week with the Sister Training Leaders. I got to spend the day with Sister Cardoso! She is a native from Lisbon! So I had to speak Portuguese the whole time! Haha for me, the speaking part isn't too hard, but I struggle understanding people. I've gotten really good at looking like I know exactly what they're saying and that I'm so interested, when I really have no idea what's going on. Haha but I was able to understand Sister Cardoso really well and we had a great division. 

Our investigators are still doing really well! We are really close to having baptismal dates for so many!! Next transfer we will have quite a few baptisms I think :)

Ana and Antonio: Our favorite couple! They are getting married this Friday!!! Ana is still all set to be baptized on June 7th, but Antonio is second guessing himself. He says that he doesn't want to have responsibility in the church, that he just wants to be a visitor for now, but I think he will still be baptized on the 7th with Ana. They have such strong testimonies and will be amazing members of the church.

Cristina: We didn't have a chance to meet with her this week, but she is still reading and praying, so that's good! We're hoping to have a baptismal date for her this Saturday.

Rodolfo: Rodolfo walked into the chapel in the middle of our District meetingon Tuesday to pick up a "Restauração" pamphlet. He apparently walked in the other day and picked up a "Plano de Salvação" pamphlet, and he liked it. So he came to return the plan of salvation packet and pick up the restoration pamphlet. WOW! Talk about elect! Haha So Sister Bakker and I are teaching him, he is searching for the truth and exploring many churches. I know that if he has an open heart and he is earnestly seeking for an answer to his prayer, he will come to know that this is the restored church of Jesus Christ.

This week we contacted a guy in the road who said he was a member and lived in Lisbon, but he was down here for work. We asked if he still attended church and he said no because he had started to smoke again and he was afraid to go back. He said that he wanted to stop smoking, he just didn't know how. We told him that the missionaries could help him! We made a goal with him right then that he would only smoke 6 cigarettes the next day. So we took his pack of cigarettes and left 6 in the package and took the rest and ripped them up and threw them away! It was the first time I had every even held a cigarette! Haha but it was awesome to know that we were helping him! 

This Sunday was awesome! We had a lot of people in church! 2 people walked in our of the blue because they had been invited by one of our members,so they decided to come! And they said they would come next week too! What a blessing! We also had 3 less active families come to church for the first time since I've been in Portimão! I knew that the Lord had touched many hearts this week. 

Pictures:
1.We bought hippie dresses with the Sister Training Leaders... It's just something you have to do here in the Algarve :)
2. We went to Lagos today for P-day and there was this awesome little band playing some jazz music!! It was just great to hear again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment