Monday, March 7, 2016

BENFICA!! BENFICA!!!!

"For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost, as well in these times as in times of old, and as well in times of old as in times to come; wherefore, the course of the Lord is one eternal round." ~1 Nephi 10:19


This week was the big soccer game in Portugal against the big rivals, Benfica and Sporting. Obviously we didn't watch the game, but while the game was going on, the whole city was like a ghost town! haha no one was in the street, but all the cafes were absolutely full of people. At one point we were walking by a cafe, and all of a sudden, everyone in the cafe stood up at the same time and started shouting "BENFICA!! BENFICA!!" Benfica had scored, it was a great time :) haha it's fun to experience the culture of Portugal.

This week has been a little more tough in terms of investigators, we don't have many progressing, but we did have a greally good lesson last night with a girl named Rodna, her family was baptized in Cape Verde 15 years ago but she was never baptized. She hasn't been progressing at all and we have been praying to know how to help her. We talked to her yesterday about the love that God has for her. The Spirit was super strong and we finally got her to say a prayer thanking God for the love he had for her.
I'm so grateful to be here teaching the people of Portugal. I know that each one of them is a literal child of God and He has a plan for each and every one of us. He knows us perfectly and He knows what we need. That's why it's so important that we always teach by the Spirit, the One who really knows what's going on. I'm so grateful for the gospel and for the Love that I feel from my Heavenly Father and my Savior. I hope and pray that each of you will find someone to share the love of God with this week. Pray for the opportunities and they will come.

I love you all!!
Sister Steagall

Photos:
We went to Lisbon for pday and i found my "mom" (trainer) and my "sister" (the other sister she trained) and then my "daughter" (who i'm training) so we had a little family reunion! haha :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment