Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Hello Friends and Family!
This week has been a great one! It finally snowed in Utah! Now that it's March.. I love Utah.. Haha but I've had a really fun week full of adventures!

Tuesday: I had my endoscopy today, and I got to get out of the gates of the MTC! It was awesome! Haha the results showed that everything was normal! So that's great! The rest of the day was a total blur and I don't remember hardly anything, but my companion tells me I was pretty funny! But I'm glad I'm ok! :)

Wednesday! Our teacher made a new rule today! When she catches any of us speaking English she puts a tally mark on the board and when we get to 10 tally marks, we all have to do 10 push-ups! Suddenly we can all speak a ton more Portuguese than we thought. We have had to do some push-ups, but our language has improved a ton!

Thursday: We taught our investigator and he seemed really interested. We also got to know him a little more and his needs which is super important - we need to teach people not lessons.

Friday: Today my teacher assigned a temporary companion exchange! So until Sunday morning, my temporary companion was Sister Barron! It was way weird at first because since Sister Miller and I have met, we haven't been apart at all.. But it was a really great experience! I love Sister Barron! She has such good insights and loves the missionary work! :)

Saturday! Sister Barron and I taught a really great lesson to her investigator. It was way Spiritual and amazing! We also completed the tower challenge at dinner! We emptied an entire tube of Frosted Flakes between some people from the two Portugal districts! There were so many bowls of cereal, but it was worth it! Haha super fun!

Sunday: Today we had a mission conference! Probably the biggest mission conference I'll ever have! It was really great! Our Sunday night devotional was also really awesome! It was about the Book of Mormon. I'm coming to realize just how important this book is. If you haven't read it, read it! 

Monday: Great day today! The language is really coming along! We learned about the different tenses, there's like 8 in Portuguese. There's 2 different past tenses too! Actually possibly 3! I'm still way confused about it! So confused that I accidentally stabbed myself in my eye with my pen! But I'm ok!! Haha I'll get it eventually! My district also made a new goal this week to help us be on time. If we're late to class, we have to do 10 push-ups! Everyone has been on time lately! 

It's been a wonderful week and I love being a missionary more and more every day! Thank you for all your love and support! You are all amazing! :)

Sister Steagall


No comments:

Post a Comment