Monday, March 16, 2015

Good bye MTC!





Dear Friends and Family! What a fantastic week it has been! My last week in the MTC has been absolutely terrific and I can't wait to leave for Portugaltomorrow!!

Tuesday: I went to the temple for the last time in 18 months! Sister Miller and I didn't want to leave! It was so beautiful! What a blessing it has been to have grown up so close to a temple. We also had a devotional by Quinton L. Cook which was amazing! He explained how they assign mission calls and he made it very clear how personal they are. And then he told us that the Lord called you to your mission for a reason, have faith and go preach. So amazing!

Wednesday: I got to be a new missionary host today! So I got to show the new missionaries around and see all their cute families, it was so fun! I also had the opportunity to sing at the new missionary devotional with Elder Cervantes from the other Portugal district. Sister Miller and I also practiced teaching Elder Tobler and Elder Reed about the importance of keeping the Word of Wisdom, it was absolutely incredible how the spirit guided me and I knew exactly how to answer their questions. What an incredible feeling it is to know that the Spirit will always be with me as long as I'm obedient.

Thursday: We had in-field orientation today and it was really long! But it was still good! We learned about the importance of involving the members in missionary work and using them to find new investigators. It was super great! I can't wait to go to Portugal!!

Friday: Sister Miller and I were coached by our teacher a little and he told us to ask lot's of questions in lessons, make them think, so that the spirit can tell them what's right. We also got to skype with a Brasilian girl from São Paulo who served her mission in Campinas! It was super awesome!

Saturday: Today I learned how important it is to be exactly obedient. I once heard that obedient missionaries receive blessings, and exactly obedient missionaries witness miracles, but today my teacher told us that that is wrong. There is no difference between exactly obedient missionaries and obedient missionaries. You are either obedient, or you aren't. If  you are almost exactly obedient, you aren't obedient. It is so important to be obedient in everything, especially on a mission, even if you think the rule is dumb. Sometimes it's not really about the rule, it's about being obedient so you can receive blessings and witness miracles.

Sunday: My last Sunday in the MTC! It was an amazing day! The two Portugal districts sang "God be With you 'Til we Meet again" for sacrament meeting. We also had some really great devotionals. That is definitely something I'll miss about the MTC, no more Sunday/Tuesday Devos! Haha but missionary work is great and I can't wait to get out there in the field!

Next week I'll be in Portugal! Thank you all for the love and support. God loves you, I know He does because I have felt His love in my life more in the past 6 weeks than ever before. This work is truly amazing and I feel so blessed to be a part of it!

Sister Steagall

No comments:

Post a Comment