Monday, March 23, 2015

I'm finally here!!





Dear Friends and Family,

I'm finally here!! In the most beautiful place in the world!!! I absolutely love it here and I can't wait to spend the next 16 months in this beautiful country.

Tuesday: We were supposed to leave to go to Portugal today, but the MTC travel office switched our flights and didn't tell any of us! Haha so we had to wait another day to leave, but we had an awesome fireside and I'm glad I'm here now.

Wednesday: We spent all day traveling! I got to go to the New York airport and the Spain Airport! So that was pretty cool! We didn't go outside, but we got to look out the window and it was still beautiful!

Thursday: We made it to Portugal!!! My trainer is Sister Bakker from Draper UT, and we both swim and our dad's are both beekeepers! So that's two super random things we have in common! Haha I don't know how that happened! But she is an awesome trainer and I'm so excited to work with her! We are currently serving in Portimão, in the Algarve District.

Friday: My first day as a missionary on the streeets! We walked around a lot and none of our investigators were home, so we only talked to people on the street. Which was still great! I talked to 2 people! And all I said was "Hi! We're missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints." And then Sister Bakker took over from there because I couldn't understand anything.. haha

Saturday: We talked to one of our investigators named Elida today for a little bit, but she's working towards baptism and I'm super excited for her! I also talked to 10 people on the street today! Haha I'm making progress! But I still have a ways to go.

Sunday: Sacrament meeting was great! I couldn't understand hardly anything! Haha but I did get to play the piano for Sacrament, so that was awesome! After the Sacrement, the Branch President got up and announced the program and he said my name. I thought he was thanking me for playing the piano, but then I looked down at the congregation and saw Sister Bakker laughing at me, and Elder Jones giving me a thumbs up. And I knew that the Branch President had just asked me to speak to the congregation. So basically I was terrified! Haha but I just bore my testimony really quick and sat down! Haha it was great! Most of the branch can speak some english, so that was really nice for me.

I'm so excited to be a missionary and I love talking to everyone, even if I can't understand them! I love Portugal and I know the church is true. :)

Sister Steagall

No comments:

Post a Comment