Monday, October 26, 2015

Templo!!!!!





"We believe in God because of things we know with our heart and mind, not because of the things we do not know." ~Pres. Uchtdorf, 'Be Not Afraid, Only Believe'

Dear Family and Friends!

We had the most wonderful announcement this week! The long-waited groundbreaking for the Portugal Lisbon Temple has been announced!! December 5th!! We are all so excited!! I hope the missionaries will at least get the opportunity to watch a transmition or something, the temple was announced 5 years ago and finally they are starting to build! I'm beyond excited! I hope I can return for the dedication, or at least to visit the temple here :) We had a week full of miracles!

Ivo and Milene: They have finally got their papers ready to get married and they have a date set for November 14th! So their baptism will be on November 21! We are so excited for them! They will be such a wonderful family!

Miguel: We started working with him this week and he was so prepared to receive the gospel! He has a lot of faith and just wants to know the truth! He has confidence that this is the true church of God. He says he's finally found a church that does what the bible says - preach the gospel to the world. He also told us how much he wants to serve a mission, he thinks that he'll be ready to serve in about a year, which is perfect because he'd have to wait a year after his baptism anyway! He is set for the 14th of November!

Paula: We are working with her as well, she is a sweet lady with 2 cute daughters and has a huge heart. She has a great desire to help others. She has a baptism date set for November 7th and we're excited for her!

I've had a great week and I love serving here in Setúbal! I know that this is the restored church of Jesus Christ, I know we have a prophet who leads and directs us in the world today. 
I love you all! 
Sister Steagall

P.S. I learned a new Portuguese phrase this week: "És um pão!" which directly translates to: "You are a bread!" And apparently it's used to say something like "you are hot/you are a beast/you are strong!" or something like that. Isn't that funny? I thought it was hilarious! You are a bread! I think I might start using it in english.

Photos:
Cutting Sister Landbeck's hair! We have fun adventures :) haha
A gypsy horse and wagon, we see a couple here :)
Our breakfast this morning.. we didn't have any food.. but it was enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment