Monday, February 15, 2016

TRANSFERS!!!! New Companion!

"Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that when he shall appear we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." -1 John 3:1-2

Dear Family and Friends,

This week has been great! We got the transfer call last night, Sister Rubio will be leaving and I'll be staying in Cacém and training again! Sister Williams will get here on Wednesday or Thursday this week, I'm super excited to meet her! I still don't know anything about her though, but it'll be an adventure!

Teddy: Talk about opposition! He was all set up to be interviewed on Saturdayand Baptized on Sunday, but all of a sudden he got really sick on Saturday and had to go to the hospital! He left his phone at home or else we would have called and gone to the hospital to have his interview. But he's doing a lot better now and he'll be baptized this weekend.

Jolly: We had an awesome lesson with him this week, he's someone who has a lot of questions and i love answering him! Finally in the middle of the lesson, he wanted to know in a basic summary all that we believed in. I was super grateful that my parents had made me memorize the articles of faith when i was 10 years old and I was able to recite them to him. He said "you should have told me these things when you first met me." Haha we also invited him to pray to know if these things were true and he got the answer that he needed to follow this church. He's thinking about returning to Nigeria so he can understand better (he doesn't speak much portuguese). He still isn't quite sure that he needs to be baptized again, but he'll continue to pray, and we'll see if he can be baptized this weekend too :) 

Adriana: She is doing great! She's reading and praying and accepted a baptismal date of March 5th. She has a real desire to come closer to Christ. She still hasn't been to church yet, so we're working with her on that. But she has real intent, she is awesome!

I also received great news this week! I had a super elect investigator in Portimão, named Matthew who completely disappeared. Well, the sisters in the Acores found him and he was baptized yesterday! I was glad that I got to participate in planting that seed for him :) 

This week we also had a conference with Elder Dyches of the 70, and it was really awesome! I learned a lot about how I want to plan better and how to be a better trainor and mentor. I'm really excited to train again and I know it'll be a great experience for me. 

I love you all!!
Sister Steagall

Photos: 
Rain..
And.. wind! 
(I love this weather :) 
Matthew's baptism


No comments:

Post a Comment