Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Conferencia Gera!!!!

"And Christ hath said: If ye will have faith in me ye shall have power to do whatsoever thing is expedient in me." Moroni 7:33

Dear Family and Friends,

This week has been great! General Conference was absolutely wonderful! I am so grateful we have a prophet who leads and guides us in the world today. Something I've learned on the mission is that most of the world has no idea that we have a prophet, just like in the Bible. They also don't know that we can talk to God. But we can! He is there, He's our Father, He loves us unconditionally, and He wants to see us succeed, so He will help us. I'm so grateful that I have that knowledge and that I have the opportunity to be here sharing it with others.

Émerson: He is doing awesome! We taught him about the Book of Mormon this week and he accepted it really well, he also said he was going to watch conference yesterday, we haven't gotten in contact with him yet to see if he liked it. But he was super excited to watch it. He is someone who has so many questions and he's so open to everything. He will not throw any idea away without knowing everything about it. I have a feeling he'll be a solid member. 

Xana and Cristovo: They are doing really well, they started reading the Book of Mormon and praying as a family. Their kids tell us everytime they see us "we read!" It's so great that they are so excited to be reading and praying. I know this will help their family and I'm grateful that the kids are being such great examples for their parents.

Vicente: We started working with him a couple of weeks ago, he was actually baptized about 30 years ago, but never went back to church so he doesn't remember much. In the process of trying to reactivate him, we haven't had much luck finding his member record, so we might have a surprise baptism this weekend or next! He is such a solid guy, it's really awesome teaching him.

We have had the great blessing of finding a couple of families! It's kinda funny, between the Elders and us, we have like 4 or 5 really solid investigators that were found how? Because we helped them with their groceries. So what have I learned? Always offer to help with groceries! 
It's been a good week and a fantastic weekend! To repeat the words of Elder Holland, don't forget what you felt during conference. Apply it in your lives always!
I love you all!! :) 
Sister Steagall

Photos:
I got to see Sister Rubio at mission council!! She's a Sister Training Leader too! I'm so proud of her :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment