Monday, May 9, 2016

Transfers!!!!! I'm Going To The Islands!!!!!!

"For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous." ~Romans 5:19

Dear Family and Friends,

Transfer week! I got a call last night from President Tavares telling me that I'M GOING TO THE AZORES!!! For those who don't know what that is, Portual has some Islands, and I will be serving on the Island of São Miguel, in the city of Ponta Delgada!! I am super excited!! We're gonna baptize a ton!!

An update on our investigators in Cacém:
Ana: She is doing awesome and preparing for her baptism at the end of May. She is probably one of the people that I got the closest to here and it was hard to say goodbye. She is absolutely amazing and her testimony is so strong! She is already planning to visit Salt Lake City next year! And I will be there with here for sure. I'm so glad that I got the chance to meet her and share the gospel with her.

We were blessed this week with a ton of new investigators! All of a sudden we were getting 3 or 4 everyday! Sister Williams reminded me that we had fasted to have new investigators the week before and it looks like it worked! I had totally forgotten! I guess that's pretty embarrassing on my part, but the Lord still blesses us! It's incredible! 

It was really great to talk to my family yesterday for Mother's Day, I know they are here for me and they love me. I'm so grateful that my family is eternal and that one day I will have the opportunity to be sealed in the temple and start an eternal family of my own. I'm so grateful for this gospel and for our Savior. I know that I'm doing His work here and I'm loving every moment of it! I love being a missionary!! I hope you all have a great week and a Happy Mother's Day to all of you mothers out there! You are doing great work :) I love you all!!

Sister Steagall

Photos:
Saying goodbye to Ana :( 
The Lavinhas!! (One of the best families in Cacém!!)
My new favorite word in Portuguese :)

1 comment:

  1. Sister Mills left the island one transfer back. https://portugalcharlotte.wordpress.com/2016/04/10/a-week-of-crazy/

    ReplyDelete