Monday, November 9, 2015

Batismo!!!





"Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of the exceeding joy of which I did taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost." ~Alma 36:24

Dear Family and Friends,

This week was amazing! My mind is blown at how much I'm growing and learning, a mission really is incredible. 

Juliana: She was baptized on Saturday! It was quite a miracle because when we had passed by her house on friday, she said she wanted to wait one more week to get baptized. We invited her to pray that night and ask God if this was the right decision. Sister Landbeck and I also prayed and the next morning, we both felt that she should be baptized on Saturday, it will only bring blessings and why would we want to wait to receive blessings, right? Fortunately, the Elders had already planned a baptism for Saturday afternoon, so all we had to do was invite Juliana to be baptized! We went over to her house about an hour before the baptismal service was supposed to start and told her how we felt, and she accepted the baptismal invitation without hesitation! So she had a quick interview and was baptized! She was confirmed and recieved the Gift of the Holy Ghost yesterday and she looks so happy! She's passing through a lot of trials, but you can see the light of Christ just glowing in her eyes. I'm so happy she has found the truth.

Ivo and Milene: They are still strong! We started a quit smoking program with Ivo this week. We had a great lesson with them and the Zone Leaders this week and it was awesome! We testified that only with the help of God that he would be able to quit smoking before his baptism and he agreed with us completely and committed to quit smoking by the 14th. He has a lot of faith that he can do it and we're working with him. This family will be such strong members.

I love the mission! I love Setúbal! I really am happy, even though it's hard sometimes. But Salvation never was and never will be easy, it's something we have to work for. But I'm finding that the harder I work, the happier I am. Go read the Book of Mormon and go serve everyone around you!

I love you all!!
Sister Steagall

Photos:
Our's and the Elder's Baptism! 
Sister Landbeck and I and Juliana!
The missionaries and our Ward Mission Leader! 

No comments:

Post a Comment